Did you know that the luscious stuff (pronounced nooTELLa) hails from Italy? But making it at home is cheap/easy/delicious and naturally healthier than buying the palm-oily, processed version. Fill up mini jam jars as gifts or as a twist on”place cards” for your holiday table this year.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Ingredients (for 1 cup of spread)
3.5 oz chopped hazelnuts
1 cup heavy cream
7 oz chocolate of your choice
- Toast the chopped hazelnuts in a non-stick pan for about 3 minutes over medium heat. Put them aside.
- In a saucepan, bring the cream to a boil.
- Add the toasted hazelnuts and turn down the heat. Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool just a bit.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate and put it in a separate bowl. Now add in the cream, which should melt the chocolate as you stir until well-blended.
- Pour into a sterilized jar (as you would with jam) and seal immediately.